Are you looking for a therapeutic massage to get relief from lower back pain? Are you wondering how therapeutic massage can help you to get relief from lower back pain? Then you’ve come to the right place!
If you are a back pain sufferer, then you will know how much it can restrict your movement and cause irritation in your entire day-to-day activities.
To help you get permanent relief from lower back pain and show you how this type of therapy can aid you, we’ve put together this guide that talks about how massage therapy can help you get relief from lower back pain.
Read it carefully and try massage therapy with proper consultation with your doctor.
Having said that, let’s get started!
Overview of the Massage Therapy
There is no doubt that massage therapy helps millions of people with a variety of back and lower back pain-related issues. This includes muscle tension, muscle spasms, inflammation, aches, stiffness, and pain.
But there are a couple of common lingering questions that seem to persist with everybody. What the question is? Yes, you’ve guessed it right!
Does it work? Does massage provide permanent relief from lower back pain?
To answer your first question, yes it works and for the second question, yes it has the ability to provide permanent relief from lower back pain.
Having said that, finding the right massage therapist and popular massage spa is the first and foremost thing you should figure out carefully, in order to one, understand your pain-related issues, two, which areas you feel pain in your lower back, three, what muscles to be worked out, and fore, what massage to apply that will give you a permanent solution from your lower back pain related problems.
To find the right massage therapist, you must have some knowledge of how massage actually takes place.
Massage actually takes place using hands or specialized tools, and with that, a massage therapist kneads, rubs, and strokes the affected muscles/area to increase blood flow/circulation throughout the body. This, in turn, delivers oxygen and nutrients to the muscles and helps to eliminate any acids or other waste products that accumulate there, thereby it aids in faster and lasting relief from pain.
Types of Massage
Below is a list of massages used to treat lower back pain. As we’ve mentioned earlier, your massage therapist would be able to figure out the problem areas and recommend certain types of massage that can give you permanent relief from lower back pain. Having said that, here’s a list of messages currently followed to treat lower back pain.
- Swedish massage. Combines light stroking in one direction with deep pressure in another to relax muscles.
- Deep tissue massage. Targets chronic muscle tension using slower strokes and more direct pressure and friction.
- Myofascial release. Releases tension stored in the fascia, fibrous tissue that encases and support muscles often used after a muscle injury.
- Trigger point and myotherapy. Direct pressure placed on trigger points to cause their release at the same time, the therapist stretches the muscle while using a cooling agent sprayed onto the skin.
- Shiatsu. An oriental therapy based on acupressure.
- Reiki. A Japanese form of massage that seeks to adjust the body’s energy. Same way Ayurvedic massage also gives complete satisfaction by giving massage using natural and herbal ingredients. To learn more about ayurvedic massage click here https://brigadebodyspa.com/ayurvedic-massage-in-bangalore/
How to find the right massage therapist?
- The best way to find a quality massage therapist is to ask a friend who takes massage on a regular basis. Word of mouth most of the time is so powerful in giving quality recommendations.
- Talk to your doctor or your nurse. Almost all doctors and nurses have very good knowledge of complementary treatments and alternative medicine that include massage therapy.
- Finding national organizations that consist of properly trained massage therapists such as AMTA, (American massage therapy association.)
- Make sure that your massage therapist has these following qualifications.
- Graduated from a program that is accredited or approved by the national organization for massage therapy in your country.
- Completed the minimum amount of training required to take up massage therapy.
- Make sure that he/she belongs to the national massage therapy organization in your country. This ensures that the therapist follows a certain practice standards and strict code of ethics.
Self massage therapy
If you don’t like someone giving you a massage or you don’t have time to go to a massage therapist, or the massage therapy costs too much, then you can give it a try on self-massage therapy. There are many types of hand-held massagers that can help increase blood flow and relieve pain. Usually, just a few minutes on the affected muscles or the affected areas can provide significant pain relief.
We hope that we’ve given you a clear overview of how massage therapy can help you to get relief from lower back pain.
Want to add your thoughts? Share them in the comments section below!